Credits and references:
- Taylor, Simon: Introduction to Scots origins of place names in Britain. Ordnance Survey (last visited: 28.02.2010)
- Reese, Johannes (1993): Varieties of English Around the World. Scotland. Linguist.de (last visited: 28.02.2010)
- Hughes, Arthur (1988): English Accents and Dialects. An introduction to social and regional varieties of British English. Arnold, London
Rise of standard:
- Görlach, Manfred (1990): The Development of Standard Englishes in: Manfred Görlach. Studies in the History of the English Language. Heidelberg 1990:9-64.
- I used the videos uploaded on the online video portal Youtube.
- I got all the used pictures from google.
- The layout, including the edited pictures, the entry icons and the link banner, are made by myself. I used the software Photoshop CS3 for editing.